geronimo-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cannot reinitialize webapp
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 22:36:27 GMT
I agree about using "inPlace".

I don't think your explanation of the redeploy error is accurate,  
since the original deploy, whether onlne or offline should install  
everything needed into the g. repo.  So, there might be a bug in the  
redeploy comand.

thanks
david jencks

On Dec 8, 2009, at 1:46 PM, Jay D. McHugh wrote:

> Hey Juergen,
>
> Did you perhaps want to do an 'inPlace' deployment?
>
> I think that might give you the result you are looking for.
>
> Then changes to the contents of the /projekte/test directory would
> affect the deployed app.
>
> Otherwise, I believe that an offline deployment would cause your app  
> to
> be uploaded into the Geronimo repository.  And if you do not have a
> geronimo-web.xml in that directory (or specify one in the deploy
> command) then Geronimo will not know what you expect your app to be
> called.  And that is why you are having problems during the redeploy.
>
> Jay
>
> Juergen Weber wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I played with web apps and G2.2 2009.11.28-05:33:51.600-0800
>> geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2
>>
>> I have deployed an exploded webapp (see below) with
>>
>> ./deploy.sh -u system -p manager --offline deploy /projekte/test
>>
>> I found that restarting the web app does not reflect changes in  
>> web.xml, not
>> even in a .jsp
>> This is surprising, as I'd expect, that reloading the page would  
>> get changes
>> in a jsp and restarting the app would get changes in web.xml (I  
>> believe this
>> is Tomcat's behaviour)
>>
>> I found that the only way to get the changes was to undeploy and  
>> deploy the
>> application again.
>> deploy.sh redeploy got me the exception below.
>>
>> I think this behaviour is not quite perfect, I'd very much prefer  
>> Tomcat's
>> behaviour.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Juergen
>>
>> --------------------
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
>>
>> <web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"
>>    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>>    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee
>> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
>>    version="2.4">
>>
>>    <display-name>test</display-name>
>>
>>    <context-param>
>>    	<param-name>hello</param-name>
>> 	<param-value>world</param-value>
>>    </context-param>
>>
>> </web-app>
>> --------------------
>> <html><head><title>hello</title> </head>
>> <body>
>>
>> hello is: = <%= application.getInitParameter("hello") %>
>>
>> </body>
>> </html>
>> --------------------
>>
>>
>>
>> weberjn@linda:/projekte/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2/bin$ ./ 
>> deploy.sh -u
>> system -p manager --offline redeploy /projekte/test
>> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /projekte/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2
>> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
>> Using JRE_HOME:        /projekte/jdk1.6.0_17/jre
>>    No ModuleID or TargetModuleID provided.  Attempting to guess based
>>    on the content of the archive.
>>    Unable to locate Geronimo deployment plan in archive.  Calculating
>>    default ModuleID from archive name.
>>    Attempting to use ModuleID 'default/test//'
>> 2009-12-08 21:44:46,516 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while  
>> starting;
>> GBean is now in the FAILED state:
>> abstractName="default/test/1260304611193/car? 
>> configurationName=default/test/1260304611193/car"
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: Class not  
>> loadable
>> in classloader:  
>> [org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader
>> id=default/test/1260304611193/car]
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config.SerializedGBeanState.loadGBeans(SerializedGBeanState.java: 
>> 133)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config.SerializedGBeanState.getGBeans(SerializedGBeanState.java:64)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel.config.ConfigurationData.getGBeans(ConfigurationData.java: 
>> 177)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo.kernel.config.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:295)
>>        at  
>> sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor20.newInstance(Unknown
>> Source)
>>        at
>> sun 
>> .reflect 
>> .DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl 
>> .newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
>>        at  
>> java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
>>        at
>> org.apache.xbean.recipe.ReflectionUtil 
>> $ConstructorFactory.create(ReflectionUtil.java:952)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache.xbean.recipe.ObjectRecipe.internalCreate(ObjectRecipe.java: 
>> 276)
>>        at
>> org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:96)
>>        at
>> org.apache.xbean.recipe.AbstractRecipe.create(AbstractRecipe.java:61)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.createInstance(GBeanInstance.java:911)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .gbean 
>> .runtime 
>> .GBeanInstanceState.attemptFullStart(GBeanInstanceState.java:269)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .gbean.runtime.GBeanInstanceState.start(GBeanInstanceState.java:103)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.start(GBeanInstance.java:525)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.startGBean(BasicKernel.java:359)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config 
>> .KernelConfigurationManager.load(KernelConfigurationManager.java:163)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config 
>> .SimpleConfigurationManager 
>> .reloadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:1070)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config 
>> .SimpleConfigurationManager 
>> .reloadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:780)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config 
>> .SimpleConfigurationManager 
>> .reloadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:747)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>        at
>> sun 
>> .reflect 
>> .NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>        at
>> sun 
>> .reflect 
>> .DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl 
>> .invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .gbean 
>> .runtime 
>> .ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java: 
>> 130)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:816)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java: 
>> 57)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java: 
>> 96)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$EnhancerByCGLIB$ 
>> $a2c78da6.reloadConfiguration(<generated>)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .deployment 
>> .plugin 
>> .local 
>> .RedeployCommand.redeployUpdatedConfiguration(RedeployCommand.java: 
>> 139)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .deployment.plugin.local.RedeployCommand.run(RedeployCommand.java: 
>> 106)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unable to find class  
>> used in
>> GBeanData
>> default/test/1260304611193/car? 
>> J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/test/ 
>> 1260304611193/car
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanData 
>> $V0Externalizable.readExternal(GBeanData.java:363)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanData.readExternal(GBeanData.java:282)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config.SerializedGBeanState.loadGBeans(SerializedGBeanState.java: 
>> 124)
>>        ... 33 more
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unable to find class  
>> used in
>> GBeanData
>> default/test/1260304611193/car? 
>> J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=default/test/ 
>> 1260304611193/car,
>> attribute: holder
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanData 
>> $V0Externalizable.readExternal(GBeanData.java:332)
>>        ... 35 more
>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Could not load class
>> org.apache.geronimo.j2ee.annotation.Holder from classloader:
>> default/test/1260304611193/car, destroyed state: false
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.ClassLoading.loadClass(ClassLoading.java: 
>> 213)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel.ObjectInputStreamExt.resolveClass(ObjectInputStreamExt.java: 
>> 38)
>>        at
>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java: 
>> 1575)
>>        at
>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1496)
>>        at
>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java: 
>> 1732)
>>        at
>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1329)
>>        at  
>> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:351)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanData 
>> $V0Externalizable.readExternal(GBeanData.java:330)
>>        ... 35 more
>> Deployer operation failed: reload of default/test/1260305085420/car  
>> failed
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: reload of
>> default/test/1260305085420/car failed
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config 
>> .SimpleConfigurationManager 
>> .reloadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:1102)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config 
>> .SimpleConfigurationManager 
>> .reloadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:780)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config 
>> .SimpleConfigurationManager 
>> .reloadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:747)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>        at
>> sun 
>> .reflect 
>> .NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>        at
>> sun 
>> .reflect 
>> .DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl 
>> .invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .gbean 
>> .runtime 
>> .ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java: 
>> 130)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:816)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java: 
>> 57)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java: 
>> 96)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$EnhancerByCGLIB$ 
>> $a2c78da6.reloadConfiguration(<generated>)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .deployment 
>> .plugin 
>> .local 
>> .RedeployCommand.redeployUpdatedConfiguration(RedeployCommand.java: 
>> 139)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .deployment.plugin.local.RedeployCommand.run(RedeployCommand.java: 
>> 106)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config 
>> .SimpleConfigurationManager 
>> .reloadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:1040)
>>        ... 16 more
>>    Redeployed default/test/1260305085420/car
>> 2009-12-08 21:44:46,536 ERROR [DeployTool] Error:
>> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Operation failed:  
>> reload of
>> default/test/1260305085420/car failed
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.LifecycleException: reload of
>> default/test/1260305085420/car failed
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config 
>> .SimpleConfigurationManager 
>> .reloadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:1102)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config 
>> .SimpleConfigurationManager 
>> .reloadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:780)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config 
>> .SimpleConfigurationManager 
>> .reloadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:747)
>>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>>        at
>> sun 
>> .reflect 
>> .NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>>        at
>> sun 
>> .reflect 
>> .DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl 
>> .invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .gbean 
>> .runtime 
>> .ReflectionMethodInvoker.invoke(ReflectionMethodInvoker.java:34)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java: 
>> 130)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:816)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java: 
>> 57)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java: 
>> 96)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle$$EnhancerByCGLIB$ 
>> $a2c78da6.reloadConfiguration(<generated>)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .deployment 
>> .plugin 
>> .local 
>> .RedeployCommand.redeployUpdatedConfiguration(RedeployCommand.java: 
>> 139)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .deployment.plugin.local.RedeployCommand.run(RedeployCommand.java: 
>> 106)
>>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .config 
>> .SimpleConfigurationManager 
>> .reloadConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:1040)
>>        ... 16 more
>>
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .deployment.cli.CommandRedeploy.execute(CommandRedeploy.java:167)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployTool.java: 
>> 168)
>>        at
>> org 
>> .apache 
>> .geronimo 
>> .kernel 
>> .util 
>> .MainConfigurationBootstrapper 
>> .main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
>>        at
>> org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java: 
>> 31)
>> weberjn@linda:/projekte/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.2/bin$
>>
>>


Mime
View raw message