geronimo-user mailing list archives

From ericp56 <eric.phettepl...@twcable.com>
Subject Re: G2.1.4, Pool Max Size not working
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 19:53:40 GMT

OK, I can now recreate it.

I created a DB pool named Oracle with a max pool size of 3.

I modified my config.xml to limit the ejb pool size to 5:

    <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.1.3/car">
        <gbean name="EJBNetworkService">
            <attribute name="port">${OpenEJBPort + PortOffset}</attribute>
            <attribute name="host">${ServerHostname}</attribute>
            <attribute name="threads">5</attribute>
        </gbean>
    </module>

I have a simple jsp servlet. Snippet:
try {
	ctx = new InitialContext();
	ds = (DataSource) ctx
			.lookup("java:comp/env/jdbc/Oracle");
	con = ds.getConnection();
	Thread.sleep(30000);
} catch (Exception e) {

When there are plenty of NetworkService ejbs (i.e. 20) I'll get the
ManagedConnection exception for my 4th post.

When there are 5 NetworkService ejbs, I can go beyond the limit of the 3
pooled connections.

I wait for the requests to complete ("watching busy threads current" in
monitoring), then I can go make a bunch of requests and more connections are
opened.  I got up to 20 and grew bored ;)

After their idle timeout setting expires, they close.

I'm running 2.1.3  I'll try this with 2.2, to see if it's in there, too.

Eric