On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Fei LI <FLI@mdacorporation.com>
Thanks for your help first. Let me build server first the build eclipse plugin second. Because I tried many SVN and no one working. So let me put my question in such way. Tell me if you know, the newest version you know it will be built without error, I have Windows XP and Vista.
1. for server:
1.1 which java version? sun jdk 1.5 latest
1.2 which maven version? 2.2.1
1.4. which mvn command? mvn clean install -Dtest=false -e
Besides, you need to pay attention to these:
1. if using sun jdk, you need to set MAVEN_OPTS as documentation. If using ibm jdk, you won't do that
2. checkout the source code in a short path name as Donald pointed out
3. In your DOS window, change your locale to en_US by executing: chcp 437
and then start to build server.
1. for Eclipse plugin:
1.1 which java version?
1.2 which maven version?
1.3 which SVN source?
1.4. which mvn command?
Please try to make server built successfully, then let's see how to build GEP.
I will do whatever you suggest and to see if I luck or not.
Before building geronimo eclipse plugin(gep), you need to build geronimo server first.
Suggest you start with a released code tree to build gep, not the trunk code. Generally, trunk code is changing and unstable.
For a better understanding what you are doing, pls tell:
1. which version of geronimo you are going to work on?
2. what jdk you are using to build gep?
3. Any error when you are building geronimo server?