geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ellen Tang <ltang.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trying to set up a MDB
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 05:42:44 GMT
Hi Antonio,

I looked the G doc and downloaded the file "jms-mdb-ear-2.1.2.ear" from
maven repository as you did, and got the same problem as you. However, I
have found the solution and made the sample work.

First, the structure of the file "jms-mdb-ear-2.1.2.ear" that worked for me
is as below:

|-jms-mdb-ear-{version}.ear
   |- META-INF
       |- application.xml
       |- geronimo-application.xml
   |- geronimo-activemq-ra-{geronimoVersion}.rar
       |- activemq-core-{version}.jar
       |- activemq-ra-{version}.jar
       |- META -INF
           |- ra.xml
   |- jms-mdb-ejb-{version}.jar
       |- classes
       |- META -INF
           |- openejb-jar.xml
   |- jms-mdb-war-{version}.war
       |- index.jsp
       |- error.jsp
       |- WEB-INF
           |- web.xml
           |- classes
   |- jms-resources.xml

All the .xml files mentioned above are needed. For the correct contents of
"geronimo-application.xml", "openejb-jar.xml", "web.xml", and
"jms-resources.xml", please download the sample applications from
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/ws/wasce/?S_TACT=105AGX01&S_CMP=LPand
refer to the corresponding .xml files in the "jms-mdb" sample
application. I added the .xml files in the sample application directly to my
"jms-mdb-ear-2.1.2.ear" file and it worked for me.

When you compress all the files with the correct contents in the struture
mention above, it should work for you. If there is still problems, please
let us know.

About the Geronimo document of the jms-mdb sample, we will revise it
accordingly. Thank you!

Ellen