geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Fei LI" <...@mdacorporation.com>
Subject RE: Could not build Geronimo server from SVN branch 2.2
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2009 04:00:56 GMT
Hi,

I am exhausted and decide to give up.

If you really want to help me out, please remove your local repo completely, build from the
ground and tell me how many problems you find. Not 1, not 2, not 3 even not 4, many, as far
as I can tell you.

Anyway, I will monitor the trunk to see if someday I can compile it. The trunk is where I
should start.

Thanks for guys who helped me.

Fei Li

________________________________

From: chi runhua [mailto:chirunhua@gmail.com]
Sent: Tue 10/11/2009 6:46 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Could not build Geronimo server from SVN branch 2.2

If you intend to build the 2.2 server, you may download the very .jar from [1] and then place
it in your local maven repository.

[1]  http://www.jarvana.com/jarvana/browse/com/envoisolutions/sxc/sxc-runtime/0.7.2/

This workaround can bypass the build error successfully.

Any problem, please let us know.

Jeff C

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 9:42 PM, ericp56 <eric.phetteplace@twcable.com> wrote:

	It looks like the build process has the same problem:

	http://old.nabble.com/-BUILD--branches-2.2%3A-Failed-for-Revision%3A-834455-ts26283051s134.html
	http://old.nabble.com/-BUILD--branches-2.2%3A-Failed-for-Revision%3A-834455-ts26283051s134.html

	I've had problems in the past - mostly windows issues.

	I've had success building, using Maven 2.2.0 and Java JDK 6_0_14.

	I've been trying recently and I'm running into issues, too.  I see David
	Jencks making comments about build dependency issues.

	I'm guessing the Geronimo-Dev is a better forum for build issues?  I'll see
	you there...

	Eric