geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Antonio ForniƩ <sitaronoctur...@gmail.com>
Subject The need for pooling beans
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 09:47:55 GMT

Hello!

I'd like to know about the real need for pooling SLSB. I think a SLSB is
meant to have not shared data (not instance variables or so), it only has
methods that can be invoked from several clients at a time, right? Whay
can't my clients shared the same object? If there's no problem in more than
one thread using the same method of the same object (SLSB) at the same time,
why to have some SLSBs pooled instead of a singleton?

I find it's necessary in cases where the SLSB has for example a DB
connection as an instance variable, that should not be used by more than one
thread at the same time, but it's only for those kinds of cases?

Thank you very much!

Antonio