Hi All

I am not able to see this mail in community after few hrs of sending as well, thats why I am resending it. Please help.

Thanks and regards,
Amit

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Amit Puri <puri.amit@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All

This is with respect to JBoss to Geronimo migration.

In EJB2.1 spec, "Commit Options" A,B, C are defined.
12.1.11 Commit Options
The Entity Bean protocol is designed to give the container the flexibility to select the disposition of the instance state at transaction commit time. This flexibility allows the container to optimally manage the caching of entity object’s state and the association of an entity object identity with the enterprise bean instances.
The container can select from the following commit-time options:
• Option A: The container caches a “ready” instance between transactions. The container ensures that the instance has exclusive access to the state of the object in the persistent storage. Therefore, the container does not have to synchronize the instance’s state from the persistent storage at the beginning of the next transaction.
• Option B: The container caches a “ready” instance between transactions. In contrast to Option A, in this option the container does not ensure that the instance has exclusive access to the state of the object in the persistent storage. Therefore, the container must synchronize the instance’s state from the persistent storage at the beginning of the next transaction.
• Option C: The container does not cache a “ready” instance between transactions. The container returns the instance to the pool of available instances after a transaction has completed.

We want to use Commit option A in the case of BMP entity beans. In JBoss, we have this setting in jboss.xml like this
<container-configurations>
        <container-configuration>
            <container-name>Standard BMP EntityBean</container-name>
            <commit-option>A</commit-option>
          </container-configuration>
</container-configurations>

In openejb, I have found cache element which can be used to configure data cache settings
 <cache>
    <isolation-level></isolation-level>
    <size></size>
  </cache>

where isolation level can be read-uncommitted, read-committed, or repeatable-read.

I have seen this cache element defined for CMP Entity Bean Data Cache Settings in Geronimo but not very sure about BMP as well. Can somebody please tell me how to configure data cache for BMP entity beans in Geronimo?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Amit