It is also possible to deploy a plain ejb webservice, that does not involve a pojo web service deployed in a war.  I don't know if there is a simple sample app, but there are some examples of this in the geronimo testsuite somewhere.  If you check out all of the geronimo source code it will be somewhere under testsuite.

Hopefully someone who know more about this than I will be able to provide more details.

thanks
david jencks