geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Amit Puri <puri.a...@gmail.com>
Subject JBoss to Geronimo migration : how to configure data cache setting for BMP
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:04:32 GMT
Hello All

This is with respect to JBoss to Geronimo migration.

In EJB2.1 spec, "Commit Options" A,B, C are defined.
12.1.11 Commit Options
The Entity Bean protocol is designed to give the container the flexibility
to select the disposition of the instance state at transaction commit time.
This flexibility allows the container to optimally manage the caching of
entity object’s state and the association of an entity object identity with
the enterprise bean instances.
The container can select from the following commit-time options:
• Option A: The container caches a “ready” instance between transactions.
The container ensures that the instance has exclusive access to the state of
the object in the persistent storage. Therefore, the container does not have
to synchronize the instance’s state from the persistent storage at the
beginning of the next transaction.
• Option B: The container caches a “ready” instance between transactions. In
contrast to Option A, in this option the container does not ensure that the
instance has exclusive access to the state of the object in the persistent
storage. Therefore, the container must synchronize the instance’s state from
the persistent storage at the beginning of the next transaction.
• Option C: The container does not cache a “ready” instance between
transactions. The container returns the instance to the pool of available
instances after a transaction has completed.

We want to use Commit option A in the case of BMP entity beans. In JBoss, we
have this setting in jboss.xml like this
<container-configurations>
        <container-configuration>
            <container-name>Standard BMP EntityBean</container-name>
            <commit-option>A</commit-option>
          </container-configuration>
</container-configurations>

In openejb, I have found cache element which can be used to configure data
cache settings
 <cache>
    <isolation-level></isolation-level>
    <size></size>
  </cache>

where isolation level can be read-uncommitted, read-committed, or
repeatable-read.

I have seen this cache element defined for CMP Entity Bean Data Cache
Settings in Geronimo but not very sure about BMP as well. Can somebody
please tell me how to configure data cache for BMP entity beans in Geronimo?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Amit