geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JAX-WS and external classes
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 16:29:50 GMT

On Oct 22, 2009, at 5:31 AM, Łukasz Budnik wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using G 2.1.3 and I have a following problem with JAX-WS Web
> Service. I have a Web Service which expects an custom object, say
> Person or Animal:
>
> @WebMethod
> public String sayHello(Person person) {
> }
>
> This class resides in org.xyz.interfaces package and is external to
> the application.
>
> When I install interfaces.jar in Geronimo's repository and in Geronimo
> descriptor I include it using <dependency /> element there is an error
> during WSDL generation.
>
> When I take the very same package(!), add empty ejb-jar.xml descriptor
> and add it into EAR:
>
>  <module>
>    <ejb>interfaces.jar</ejb>
>  </module>
>
> all works fine.
>
> I guess it's something to do with class loader... or I may be wrong.
>
> Any thoughts/tips/tricks?
>
> Eventually I can live with that, but I prefer not to create mock ejb
> modules...

I'd guess that the problem with the wsdl generation might be due to
it's not understanding the geronimo dependencies, but I don't really
know how it works, maybe Jarek can give some hints.

I'd recommend the dependency solution if it can possibly be made to
work, but if it can't, you don't need a fake <ejb> module, you can
just put your jar in the ear as lib/interfaces.jar and it will be
picked up -- a javaee 5 feature that is really handy :-)

thanks
david jencks