geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Łukasz Budnik <lukasz.bud...@gmail.com>
Subject JAX-WS and external classes
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2009 12:31:28 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using G 2.1.3 and I have a following problem with JAX-WS Web
Service. I have a Web Service which expects an custom object, say
Person or Animal:

@WebMethod
public String sayHello(Person person) {
}

This class resides in org.xyz.interfaces package and is external to
the application.

When I install interfaces.jar in Geronimo's repository and in Geronimo
descriptor I include it using <dependency /> element there is an error
during WSDL generation.

When I take the very same package(!), add empty ejb-jar.xml descriptor
and add it into EAR:

  <module>
    <ejb>interfaces.jar</ejb>
  </module>

all works fine.

I guess it's something to do with class loader... or I may be wrong.

Any thoughts/tips/tricks?

Eventually I can live with that, but I prefer not to create mock ejb modules...

thanks
Łukasz