geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to deploy plain html-files with geronimo?
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:05:47 GMT

On Oct 13, 2009, at 8:31 AM, juhanay wrote:

> Hi
> My problem is simple. How to deploy plain html-files or a directory
> to a
> user without packing these things is a war file(like apache web server
> does). So that the user may browse the directory stucture with the
> browser.
> WAR-file is not viable option since i cannot pack all the files in a
> war
> file.

Why not?

Assuming you have a good answer to that question :-)  you can set up a
web app that has only the default servlet for the web container you
are using (jetty or tomcat) and configure it to serve static content
from wherever it actually is.  Unfortunately I don't have an example
of how to do this handy, but I suspect either jetty or tomcat
documentation might explain how to do this.  It would be a good thing
to get into our docs as well (assuming it isn't already there and I
just don't know about it).

thanks
david jencks