geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Persistence Issue on Timers - Geronimo 2.1.4 / EJB 3
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 15:50:50 GMT

On Oct 2, 2009, at 1:45 AM, Norbert Rieger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we’re using Geronimo’s Timer Service with one of our SLSBs (using
> @Timeout annotation).
>
> As described in the specs the timers are persistent – or should be.
>
> But in our environment/application it seems that the timers are
> dropped if
>
> -      the bean is redeployed
> -      Geronimo is shutting down

I'm not sure how the current timer persistence works but... I'd expect
that
- redeploy would eliminate the timers from the original app and set up
new timers for the redeployed app.  I don't see any other reasonable
behavior, since there's no reason to suppose the 2 versions of the app
have the same timers.
- shutting down geronimo would turn off the timers until either
geronimo or the app is restarted, at which time you'd start getting
new timeouts.

I'm not sure exactly what behavior you expect, could you explain in
more detail?

> Are persistent timers the default behaviour within Geronimo, or must
> this be turned on (xml config e.g.) ?
there's no way to modify this by configuration.

> Is there a configuration file for timer‘s persistence configuration ?

I don't think so, but I'm not certain of how they are persisted at the
moment.

thanks
david jencks