geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where to download an ejb3 app already packaged/deployed
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 16:36:13 GMT

On Oct 8, 2009, at 6:11 AM, Antonio ForniƩ wrote:

> Thank you again. I'm trying to use your help for my sample app.
>
> Please, can you tell if I'm right with this app file structure
> (there's no
> zipped file like jar or war, only folders):
>
> \helloear
> |---\META-INF
>     |---application.xml
> |---\helloweb
>     |---\WEB-INF
>           |---web.xml
>           |---\classes
>                |---HelloServlet.class
>           |---\lib
>                |---*.jar

ok so far, although see note below
> |---\helloejb
>           |---\classes
remove the /classes directory, put the ejbs directly in "helloejb"
>                |---HelloInterface.class
>                |---HelloBean.class
>           |---\lib
>                |---*.jar
no lib dir is allowed in an ejb jar.  You can put it in helloear
directly
>           |---\META-INF
>                |---ejb-jar.xml
>
> Is it right? Can I have helloweb and helloejb as folder or must I
> have a
> zipped file (jar/war) with everything inside?

This might work as long as you label the modules correctly in
application.xml, however I think you might need to rename the module
directories helloweb.war and helloejb.jar.

We do have some sample apps that should work OK on 2.1.4, and they got
published to a maven repo...

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/sample-applications.html

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/samples/

I think these do not include the geronimo plans you need to deploy
them, as we also publish them as predeployed geronimo plugins.

The docs have a link to the svn checkout.

thanks
david jencks