geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <jaydmch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence Issue on Timers - Geronimo 2.1.4 / EJB 3
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:29:15 GMT
Hey David and Norbert,

I have been using timers in Geronimo for a while - but, I have not been
using long running timers.  Instead, I have been using them as a way to
get processes to run in the background.

So, I have not ever needed to shut down the server while there were
active timers running.  But, just for fun, I tried doing exactly that
just now and it appears that Norbert is right - Shutting down Geronimo
seems to destroy the timers.

I am trying to double check that this is actually what is happening.

If it is, then we need to get a JIRA filed for it.

Jay