geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@skywalk.co.za>
Subject Re: JavaEE/EJB Spec and Deploying
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:49:13 GMT
> I hope not :-)   and don't see that as a likely outcome.  Currently the osgi
> effort is working very similarly to the current 2.2 server in that
> deployment generates a bundle with all the processed g metadata such as the
> config.ser inside.  Even with something like a rfc 66 web container there's
> a good chance the first time you start the bundle we'd construct such a
> config.ser and store it.

Currently, this is the case though (the part about drop-create). When
I shut down the tables, my tables are dropped. When I start the
server, they're created afresh.

This is not a problem for me, as I use this setting ONLY during
development. In production it's configured with "create" only.

With Glassfish this wasn't the case... though I did use Toplink as my
provider, which could have made the difference.

Like I said, it's not a problem, and I'm only mentioning it, in case
you guys feel it's no desired behaviour.