geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@last.za.net>
Subject Redeploying Depended on Applications
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:43:59 GMT
Hey,

Lets say I have 3 EJB JARs, A, B and C. A is independant. B depends on
A. C depends on B. So from parent to child it is: A->B->C.

What happens when I undeploy B and immediately redeploy it? How does
OpenEJB/Geronimo handle this, and what if instances of B's EJBs were
already injected into C's EJBs? Can this happen transparently? We can
assume that the redeploy does not change any of the @Local or @Remote
interface APIs - in such a case a larger redeploy would be done in any
case.

I'm not sure how these references are handled with the proxies, and
want to know how I should set up my "minor revision" upgrade
procedures.

Quintin Beukes