geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@skywalk.co.za>
Subject Re: Updating Geronimo
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 17:38:00 GMT
This is good to know. I was under the impression you had to recompile
the plugins that use the dependency. Clearly it's much easier :>

My confusion of this came in with the config.ser found in the plugin
directories. I noticed that they had the artifacts listed inside of
it. Beyond reading the raw binary I haven't done much research of this
file. What exactly is it, and what are the dependencies listed inside
of it? I never saw a version in there, so I figure it's just the
serialized configuration without the versions? Some plugins for
example list the version of all the artifacts in their plan.xml and
geronimo-plan.xml, but I see no such version in config.ser.

I understand it's not exactly related to this question, but I once had
the same question, which is where these questions of mine originated.

Quintin Beukes