geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to deploy plain html-files with geronimo?
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:35:53 GMT

On Oct 13, 2009, at 10:12 AM, Quintin Beukes wrote:

> Why does it have to have a servlet at all?

You need a default servlet to serve static content.  Jetty and tomcat
install one by default in each web app (unless you override it) but
these automatic default servlets serve content from inside the war.
If you pack stuff up in a war, you shouldn't need any servlet :-).  If
you want the content served from somewhere else, you need to configure
a default servlet to tell it where the "somewhere else" is.

hope this is clearer :-)
david jencks

> Quintin Beukes
>

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 7:05 PM, David Jencks
> <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Oct 13, 2009, at 8:31 AM, juhanay wrote:
>>

>>> Hi
>>> My problem is simple. How to deploy plain html-files or a
>>> directory to a
>>> user without packing these things is a war file(like apache web
>>> server
>>> does). So that the user may browse the directory stucture with the