geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ken T." <ktectr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Difficulty deploying Grails war file to Geronimo
Date Sun, 27 Sep 2009 19:08:34 GMT
On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 18:46:21 +0000, Ken T. wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 03:53:43 +0000, Ken T. wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to deploy a working (but very simple) grails application war
>> to Geronimo, but with no luck.  I've already made the changes to the
>> geronimo-web.xml file that were specified online, leaving me this:
>
> This is actually getting really strange.  Once I try to install the war
> file and then when it fails go to Web App Wars and try to start it
> again, I'm no longer able to view my installed Web Apps.  The war breaks
> Geronimo.
>
> This really shouldn't happen, so I tried installing the latest and
> greatest Geronimo and I'm having exactly the same problem.

I've figured out my problem.  The necessary entries in the geronimo-
web.xml file have changed over time.

Thank you for looking into it.

For anyone looking for the same information, for 2.1.4 looks something
like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
    <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>grailsApp</groupId>
            <artifactId>TimeTracker</artifactId>
            <version>0.1</version>
            <type>war</type>
        </moduleId>
        <hidden-classes>
            <filter>org.springframework</filter>
            <filter>org.apache.cxf</filter>
            <filter>org.apache.commons</filter>
        </hidden-classes>
    </environment>
    <context-root>/TimeTracker</context-root>
    <!-- Only if you are using virtual hosting under jetty -->
    <virtual-host>www.mydomain.com</virtual-host>
</web-app>

--
Ken T. <ktectropy@gmail.com>