geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Jiang <genspr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some features of WADI cluster in G22
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 07:20:17 GMT

> On Sep 3, 2009, at 7:28 PM, 梁昆 wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>       Recently,I have some questions about WADI cluster,pls help me,thanks
> a lot.
> I have two nodes A is the master node and B is another one.I deploy
> cviewer.war in the node A and node B has the same cviewer.war.
> 1.If I shutdown A node first and then shutdown B node, I find that the
> cviewer.war load is set false in the config.xml of node B.So when I start A
> and B the cviewer.war in the node B can not work.Is it correct?
>

> 2.If I shutdown B node first and then undeploy cviewer_G_MASTER in node
> A,then I startup node B, the cviewer.war's state is running and it works
> well.However,I want to use the command deploy.bat undeploy in the node B to
> undeploy cviewer.war there will be an error:
> 2009-09-04 10:20:17,978 ERROR [DeployTool] Error:
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
> com.ibm.wasce.samples/cviewer_G_MASTER/2.1.1.2/car does not appear to be a
> the name of a module available on the selected server. Perhaps it h as
> already been stopped or undeployed?  If you're trying to specify a
> TargetModuleID, use the syntax TargetName|ModuleName instead. If you're not
> sure what's running, try the list-modules command.
>     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.ConfigIDExtractor.identifyTargetModuleIDs(ConfigIDExtractor.java:205)
>     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandStart.execute(CommandStart.java:57)
>     at
> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployTool.java:168)
>     at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
>     at org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
>     at
> org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:31)
> Is it correct?In the node B can I use some command to undeploy the module
> which is deployed through WADI cluster.
>
> Please help me ,thanks a lot.
>

> Hi,
>
> I think you are using deployment based "farm" clustering to deploy to both
> A and B at once?  This is independent of whether you are using WADI to
> replicate session state between your cluster members.
> I am not very familiar with the deployment based clustering, and I prefer
> to use plugin based clustering, which however is only available in 2.2 (soon
> to be released).
>
> (1) seems like a bug to me.  I guess you can restart your app in B on the
> command line or in the admin console, but I think  the app should remain
> started on B.

I looked into the code and found it might be a working as design.

See code in:

org.apache.geronimo.farm.deployment.BasicClusterConfigurationController.stopConfiguration()

   - When you startup main node of the farm, all the artifacts deployed to
   nodes in farm will be started again.

   - When you shutdown main node of the farm, all the artifacts deployed to
   nodes in farm will be stopped.

Any comments ?

--
Shawn