geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Configuring Plugin Dependencies
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 15:52:18 GMT
Joe,

You are completely correct

Quentin,

There is a way to add or remove dependencies using a groovy script,
but I'm not sure how it works.  I know you can map an existing
dependency to something else by including a line in var/config/
artifact-aliases.properties.  On the left side put the artifactId of
what you want to replace, on the right the artifactId of what you want
instead.  Dependencies may or may not include the dependency version,
and the left side has to match, so I usually add two lines for each
substitution, one with and one without the version in the left side.

You can effectively add dependencies by constructing a plugin that
depends on some original plugin dependency plus whatever plugins you
want to add, and substituting it for the original plugin.

thanks
david jencks