geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rafal Rusin <rafal.ru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing SQL connection before return in outbound connection pool using spring
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:51:06 GMT
Well, this testSQL property is used for database initialization (it
determines whether to execute db initialization scripts).
But my problem is that after losing SQL connection to database during
server uptime, closed connections still remain in Managed Connection
Pool (SinglePool). So a solution for it is to test SQL connection
before borrow from pool.
But I'm not able to configure it in Geronimo for Managed Connections.

2009/9/14 Forrest Xia <forrestxm@gmail.com>:
> In geronimo, there is GBean
> "org.apache.geronimo.connector.DatabaseInitializationGBean", which has an
> attribute to test a connection before executing the target sql.
>
> A sample about how to use it, refer to
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/configuring-your-own-monitoring-plugin-datasource.html
>
> Hope this helpful! Good luck!

Regards,