geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rafal Rusin <rafal.ru...@gmail.com>
Subject Testing SQL connection before return in outbound connection pool using spring
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:54:24 GMT
Hello,

I tried to configure a testing SQL connection factory in ServiceMix,
but I haven't found any signs of it's existence. ServiceMix is based
on Geronimo, so I thought it's a good place to ask.
I need it, because after database restart Geronimo's
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.connectionmanagerconfig.SinglePool
returns closed connection each time getConnection is executed.

Is there a way to configure in Spring something like
TestablePoolFactoryBean instead of SinglePool, with testSql attribute,
which would inject SQLTestingInterceptor for testing sql connection
before return? This would solve my problem.
BTW. Most application servers have a possibility to configure test sql
in connection pool, so there must be something in Geronimo too.

Regards,
--
RafaƂ Rusin
http://www.touk.pl