geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: NameService returns IOR pointing to host 0.0.0.0
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:24:34 GMT

On Sep 10, 2009, at 11:25 PM, Juergen Weber wrote:

> Thanks, that helped, my Corba client can call the EJB now.
>
> But it should work automatically that the server knows its listen
> address
> (your friendly helpers at the mailing list might not always have
> time ;-)
>
> The console already knew the eth0 address:
> Node  	linda/127.0.1.1
>
> So, why can't this linda hostname be used server-wide?

I'm not sure where you are seeing this.  However, according to your
first post, the tomcat is listening on 0.0.0.0, i.e. all interfaces.
I strongly suspect the console is just picking one more or less
randomly to tell you about.  Certainly if you had 10 network cards in
the box I'd expect you'd prefer to configure which one or ones to use.

It does seem to me that we should be able to configure the corba
naming service ip address separately from the server host address in
case you want to run it remotely.

thanks
david jencks