geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell Collins <Russell.Coll...@mclaneat.com>
Subject RE: ejb pool stays at 20 threads?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:23:36 GMT
When will Geronimo 2.2 be released?

Russell Collins
Sr. Software Engineer
McLane Advanced Technology

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

-----Original Message-----
From: David Blevins [mailto:david.blevins@visi.com]
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 3:05 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: ejb pool stays at 20 threads?

Hi Eric,

The PoolSize number you adjusted is for the stateless container and
affects the number of stateless bean instances we will instantiate and
keep ready for method invocations.  You want to adjust the
EJBNetworkService 'threads' attribute as shown below:

On Sep 19, 2009, at 11:04 AM, ericp56 wrote:

> from config.xml:
>
>    <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.1.3/car">
>        <gbean name="EJBNetworkService">
>            <attribute name="port">${OpenEJBPort + PortOffset}</
> attribute>
>            <attribute name="host">${ServerHostname}</attribute>
             <attribute name="threads">100</attribute>
>        </gbean>
>        <gbean name="DefaultStatelessContainer">
>            <attribute name="properties">
>             PoolSize=100
>             StrictPooling=true
>            </attribute>
>        </gbean>
>    </module>

And just as a general note, the performance of the remote client code
in the coming Geronimo 2.2 is *way* faster.  If you're able to
upgrade, I'd check it out.

-David