geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Russell Collins <Russell.Coll...@mclaneat.com>
Subject RE: Starting Geronimo with More PermGen
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 13:59:19 GMT
The main issue with permgen that I have had is with continuous build processes.  At the end
of my continuous build process, the artifacts are deployed to the server.  After about 10
or so deployments, the permgen issue arises without fail.  What ends up happening is that
the Geronimo server needs to be restarted.  This memory leak/hogging/etc does not happen when
Geronimo uses JRockit.

Russell Collins
Sr. Software Engineer
McLane Advanced Technology

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

-----Original Message-----
From: Quintin Beukes [mailto:quintin@skywalk.co.za]
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 7:15 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Starting Geronimo with More PermGen

It doesn't have a permgen issue?

Do you have anything to read on this, as I never really thought it was
an issue. I just thought it had to do with the rate at which classes
are created?

I know there is something about embedded anonymous classes and a
permgen problem relating to these, but more than what I said now I
don't know.

You have links to any articles/blog posts on this?

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 11:26 PM, Russell Collins
<Russell.Collins@mclaneat.com> wrote:
> Unless you are tied into Hotspot (Sun JVM), BEA/Oracle's JRockit does not have a perm
size issue and it will work with Geronimo as a service.

--
Quintin Beukes