geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ray Clough <...@allthisisthat.com>
Subject security constraint question
Date Sun, 20 Sep 2009 00:35:27 GMT

In my web.xml file I have a security constraint which is intended simply to
block direct access to the jsp, jspx, xhtml files directly.  Here is the
snippet from web.xml

		Unavailable_Raw_Pages

			RawPages
 			*.xhtml
 			*.jsp
 			*.jspx
 			*.tiles
			POST
			GET
			PUT
			DELETE

Since no roles are defined, the content is completely blocked.  When I
deploy the app as a WAR file to geronimo, this works well.  Now when I'm
trying to deploy as an EAR, it won't deploy with message "web.xml for web
app XXX.war includes security elements but Geronimo deployment plan is not
provided or does not contain  element necessary to configure security
accordingly."  I have tried various different contents in
geronimo-application.xml, but I always get the same error.  The app uses
custom security, and I do not have any security realm defined on Geronimo.

Can I do this, and if so, how?  Thanks,
- Ray Clough