geronimo-user mailing list archives

From scholz ...@thispla.net>
Subject Geronimo beginner: Make JavaEETutorial work with Eclipse/Gernoimo
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 16:14:46 GMT

Hi everybody, I'm a bare beginner with JavaEE and Geronimo.

I'm reading the JavaEETutorial
(http://java.sun.com/javaee/5/docs/tutorial/doc/), which is made for
NetBeans and GlassFish. I try to make the examples work in Eclipse.  I've
installed Ecllipse 3.5 EE and first things work.

Now I try to make a Web Service run.  It's the example HelloServiceBean on
pages 668/669.

The web service is started and synchronized.  But when I open the web page
http://localhost:8080/HelloWorld/HelloWorld I only get "Hi, this is
'HelloWorldService' web service." (OK, I use HelloWorld instead of
HelloServiceBean).  How do I access the service sayHello?

The tutorial states for NetBeans:

1. The [NetBeans] Application Server Admin Console allows you to test the
methods of a web service endpoint. To test the sayHello method of
[HelloWorld], do the following:Open the
Admin Console [...]
2. Enter the admin username and password to log in to the Admin Console.
3. Click Web Services in the left pane of the Admin Console.
4. Click helloservice.
5. Click Test.
6. UnderMethods, enter a name as the parameter to the sayHello method.
7. Click the sayHello button.
This will take you to the sayHelloMethod invocation page.
8. UnderMethod returned, you’ll see the response from the endpoint.

Is there a corresponding functionality of the Geronimo Console?  I did not
find it.

Ulrich