geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Adam Ruggles <a.rugg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat WADI under heaving load fails
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2009 21:02:32 GMT

Sorry about that.

OS = Mac OS X 10.5.8 for both nodes.
Geronimo = 2.1.4 w/Tomcat
JVM = 64Bit 1.6.0_13

Both web nodes are running behind Apache HTTPD which is passing the requests
to Geronimo via mod_proxy_ajp.  Apache HTTPD is not doing the load balancing
there is a F5 doing that job.  Apache is handling static files only.

I had a chance to do more testing and it doesn't seem to be CPU or Memory
related as the cpu is between 30 - 80% on a quad core boxes (the way apple
reports cpu usage we can go up to 400%).  Memory is at about 1G when 3G is
available.

The configuration is rock solid stable until I reach about 150 active
connections.  I did try bumping up the number of threads available to AJP
but that didn't make a difference.