geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@skywalk.co.za>
Subject Re: How does the Client Container work?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:31:10 GMT
There is a book Apache Geronimo Development and Deployment by Aaron Mulder

It states:
As of Milestone 4, the client container must run from the same
Geronimo installation as the server,
which also means that it must be run on the same machine, using the
bin/client.jar file in the
server's Geronimo directory. The command line to start a J2EE
application client looks like this:
java -jar bin/client.jar ConfigName [arg1] [arg2] [arg3] ...

I found the same problems with this, which is why I eventually ended
up building my own client framework using Spring. It's not as dynamic,
but I get similar features (ie. dependency injection, security, etc.).

Quintin Beukes