geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@skywalk.co.za>
Subject Re: Starting Geronimo with More PermGen
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:07:36 GMT
Doesn't Sun have a GC on the PermGen? Or is it just low priority,
meaning this won't happen on production servers. Even in a the common
production host you deploy a lot. They might be further apart, but
they are many none the less. And these servers are usually solid,
meaning they don't fall over. I will easily reach 10 deployments
without a server restart.

Though on my dev machine I have gone to about 20 deployments (around
there - I just counted the log entries from server start while
pressing page down the whole time and counted 18) before it gave a
permgen. This was in a 2 hour period.

If this is going to be a problem, is JRocket expensive?

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Russell Collins
<Russell.Collins@mclaneat.com> wrote:
> The main issue with permgen that I have had is with continuous build processes.  At
the end of my continuous build process, the artifacts are deployed to the server.  After
about 10 or so deployments, the permgen issue arises without fail.  What ends up happening
is that the Geronimo server needs to be restarted.  This memory leak/hogging/etc does not
happen when Geronimo uses JRockit.

> Russell Collins
> Sr. Software Engineer
> McLane Advanced Technology
>
> "Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

perm size issue and it will work with Geronimo as a service.

--
Quintin Beukes