geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <>
Subject Possible Bug in Geronimo when doing remote login with OpenEJB RemoteInitialContextFactory
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:20:59 GMT

Is this a bug, or did something change I don't know of? Note that it
is 2.2, so it could most definitely be either. The code didn't change.
I only changed my JAR files and installed the new server. previously
all this worked.

Either way. I define a security realm called KMSRealm. i test it with
a WAR and EJB and login+authorization works fine. So it seems to work.

But as soon as I test it with a remote OpenEJB client it doesn't work.
I initialize the context factory as so:
    p.put("java.naming.provider.url", "ejbd://localhost:4201");
    p.put("openejb.authentication.realmName", "KMSRealm");
    p.put("", "quintin");
    p.put("", "pass");
    InitialContext ctx = new InitialContext(p);

Then I get this\. This is usually the error you get when a Realm isn't
found. Can someone please advice what could have gone wrong so I can
fix it. Thanks.

Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.AuthenticationException: This
principle is not authorized. [Root exception is No LoginModules configured
for KMSRealm]
        at org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.authenticate(
        at org.apache.openejb.client.JNDIContext.getInitialContext(
        at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(
        at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(
        at net.kunye.test.Main.main(
Caused by: No LoginModules
configured for KMSRealm
        at org.apache.geronimo.openejb.GeronimoSecurityService.login(
        at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.AuthRequestHandler.processRequest(
        at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.EjbDaemon.processAuthRequest(
        at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.EjbDaemon.service(
        at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.EjbServer.service(
        at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.KeepAliveServer$Session.service(
        at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.KeepAliveServer.service(
        at org.apache.openejb.server.ejbd.EjbServer.service(
        at org.apache.openejb.server.ServicePool$
        at org.apache.openejb.server.ServicePool$
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$

Quintin Beukes

View raw message