geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Quintin Beukes <quin...@skywalk.co.za>
Subject Re: JAAS Login Callback Retries
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 18:58:52 GMT
Yeah, I actually made a modification of OpenejbRemoteLoginModule (if I
recall the correct name).

It basically introduces a new option FailedLoginTries. It has the following
features introduced:

1. If not supplied it defaults to "1" (the current behaviour).

2. If an integer greater than 0, then it will try the specified amount of
times before failing in the same way it did (with a FailedLoginException).

3. If you specify 0, it will try until you press cancel. In this case it
will invoke the CallbackHandler with a TextOutputCallback containing an
INFORMATION message "Login cancelled by user."

4. When a login fails it will first send a TextOutputCallback containing an
ERROR message "Login failed for user: ${USER}", where USER is the username
supplied to the previous NameCallback.

I am in the process of creating the ticket for the patch submission, which
is actually how I noticed your message (I came looking for my Apache JIRA
username in my e-mail archive).

--
Quintin Beukes