geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JAAS Login Callback Retries
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 15:57:52 GMT

On Sep 4, 2009, at 6:06 AM, Quintin Beukes wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I created an application client, security realm and configured all
> this to run. Now, I get prompted for a password, but when entering
> it incorrectly, the application merely exits. The callback is called
> before my main() method is called, so I have no way to intercept
> this, but I would have thought that the application client container
> which invokes the callback would at least give an X amount of tries,
> or infinite tries until I raise some type of exception out of the
> CallbackHandler.

I see your point :-)

> Is there anyway to configure these things?

Not yet, but this is  great idea!  Could you at least open a jira
issue asking for this functionality?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO

I suspect it wouldn't be too hard to implement.... if you would like
to take a look and possibly submit a patch I think the relevant code
is in plugins/client/geronimo-client, in the AppClientContainer class
main method.

thanks
david jencks