geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Some features of WADI cluster in G22
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 06:08:54 GMT

On Sep 3, 2009, at 7:28 PM, 梁昆 wrote:

> Hi all,
>       Recently,I have some questions about WADI cluster,pls help
> me,thanks a lot.
> I have two nodes A is the master node and B is another one.I deploy
> cviewer.war in the node A and node B has the same cviewer.war.
> 1.If I shutdown A node first and then shutdown B node, I find that
> the cviewer.war load is set false in the config.xml of node B.So
> when I start A and B the cviewer.war in the node B can not work.Is
> it correct?
> 2.If I shutdown B node first and then undeploy cviewer_G_MASTER in
> node A,then I startup node B, the cviewer.war's state is running and
> it works well.However,I want to use the command deploy.bat undeploy
> in the node B to undeploy cviewer.war there will be an error:
> 2009-09-04 10:20:17,978 ERROR [DeployTool] Error:
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
> does not appear
> to be a the name of a module available on the selected server.
> Perhaps it h as already been stopped or undeployed?  If you're
> trying to specify a TargetModuleID, use the syntax TargetName|
> ModuleName instead. If you're not sure what's running, try the list-
> modules command.
>     at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo
> .deployment
> .plugin
> .ConfigIDExtractor.identifyTargetModuleIDs(
>     at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandStart.execute(
>     at
> org
> .apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(
> 168)
>     at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo
> .kernel
> .util
> .MainConfigurationBootstrapper
> .main(
>     at
> org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(
>     at
> org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(
> Is it correct?In the node B can I use some command to undeploy the
> module which is deployed through WADI cluster.
> Please help me ,thanks a lot.

I think you are using deployment based "farm" clustering to deploy to
both A and B at once?  This is independent of whether you are using
WADI to replicate session state between your cluster members.
I am not very familiar with the deployment based clustering, and I
prefer to use plugin based clustering, which however is only available
in 2.2 (soon to be released).

(1) seems like a bug to me.  I guess you can restart your app in B on
the command line or in the admin console, but I think  the app should
remain started on B.

(2) deployment based clustering works by deploying a synthetic
"master" application on the controller server that manages the actual
app running on each cluster member.  I think that the master app name
is derived from the actual app name by appending "_G_MASTER".  So, I
think you are trying to undeploy the master app from node B, whereas
it is running on node A.  What happens if you try to undeploy from node B?

david jencks

> 与任何您希望的人分享您的回忆。 任何您希望的人。

View raw message