geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Some features of WADI cluster in G22
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 06:08:54 GMT

On Sep 3, 2009, at 7:28 PM, 梁昆 wrote:

> Hi all,
>       Recently,I have some questions about WADI cluster,pls help
> me,thanks a lot.
> I have two nodes A is the master node and B is another one.I deploy
> cviewer.war in the node A and node B has the same cviewer.war.
> 1.If I shutdown A node first and then shutdown B node, I find that
> the cviewer.war load is set false in the config.xml of node B.So
> when I start A and B the cviewer.war in the node B can not work.Is
> it correct?
>

> 2.If I shutdown B node first and then undeploy cviewer_G_MASTER in
> node A,then I startup node B, the cviewer.war's state is running and
> it works well.However,I want to use the command deploy.bat undeploy
> in the node B to undeploy cviewer.war there will be an error:
> 2009-09-04 10:20:17,978 ERROR [DeployTool] Error:
> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
> com.ibm.wasce.samples/cviewer_G_MASTER/2.1.1.2/car does not appear
> to be a the name of a module available on the selected server.
> Perhaps it h as already been stopped or undeployed?  If you're
> trying to specify a TargetModuleID, use the syntax TargetName|
> ModuleName instead. If you're not sure what's running, try the list-
> modules command.
>     at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo
> .deployment
> .plugin
> .ConfigIDExtractor.identifyTargetModuleIDs(ConfigIDExtractor.java:205)
>     at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo.deployment.cli.CommandStart.execute(CommandStart.java:57)
>     at
> org
> .apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.DeployTool.execute(DeployTool.java:
> 168)
>     at
> org
> .apache
> .geronimo
> .kernel
> .util
> .MainConfigurationBootstrapper
> .main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
>     at
> org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:65)
>     at
> org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:31)
> Is it correct?In the node B can I use some command to undeploy the
> module which is deployed through WADI cluster.
>
> Please help me ,thanks a lot.

Hi,

I think you are using deployment based "farm" clustering to deploy to
both A and B at once?  This is independent of whether you are using
WADI to replicate session state between your cluster members.
I am not very familiar with the deployment based clustering, and I
prefer to use plugin based clustering, which however is only available
in 2.2 (soon to be released).

(1) seems like a bug to me.  I guess you can restart your app in B on
the command line or in the admin console, but I think  the app should
remain started on B.

(2) deployment based clustering works by deploying a synthetic
"master" application on the controller server that manages the actual
app running on each cluster member.  I think that the master app name
is derived from the actual app name by appending "_G_MASTER".  So, I
think you are trying to undeploy the master app from node B, whereas
it is running on node A.  What happens if you try to undeploy
com.ibm.wasce.samples/cviewer/2.1.1.2/car from node B?

thanks
david jencks