geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can I make Geronimo work with my own implementation of web server?
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2009 18:44:05 GMT

On Sep 6, 2009, at 11:23 AM, sim085 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At the moment when you download Geronimo you are asked if you want
> Geronimo
> with Jetty or Tomcat. These are both web servers which handle http
> requests.
> I am trying to develop my own web server to handle different type of
> requests (but still have to return html and therefore the connector
> framework is not suitable). So my question is can I develop my own web
> server and if yes where can I read more about this?

Geronimo is pretty modular so you should have no difficulty
integrating whatever you come up with in geronimo.  Since you don't
provide any details of what you are trying to do its difficult to do
anything other than point you at the geronimo code base.  If you
provided more details on the protocol you are planning to use we could
point you in a more focussed direction.  Personally I'm a little
confused because I thought "web server" was usually used to mean
"server for http requests".

thanks
david jencks