While the suggestion of deploying your entire app "in-place" will almost certainly work, it has a number of limitations -- in-place is really only designed for development and does not work well with the geronimo plugin packaging and distribution system.

What may work better for you is to deploy your jar directly into the geronimo repository and include a dependency on it in the geronimo plan for your web app.  If you update the jar (copying the new version on top of the old one in the geronimo repository) then if you restart the web app you will see the new classes.

This method works well with maven and geronimo plugins.  For instance, if your jar and web app are built with maven, and you pre-package your app as a geronimo plugin, installing the plugin into a geronimo instance will also pull in the external jar.

hope this helps
david jencks