Gshell will initiate another JVM, so if you use Gshell command to manage Geronimo, you might want to try the solution that David said.

Other than that, you can use scripts in <Geronimo_HOME>/bin, such as startup.bat, pass in arguments using

startup.bat [JAVA_OPTS]

setjavaenv.bat is used to locate JAVA_HOME/JRE_HOME for geronimo instance to start, I thing options you set in there will not be executed.

Anything incorrect, please let me know.

Jeff C