On Aug 26, 2009, at 3:23 AM, Rodger wrote:

Hi,
I have a remote interface my.test.Echo and a ejb my.test.EchoBean.
I don't do any configuration for the jndi in deployment descriptor and deployment plan.

Then using
@EJB(name="my/test/Echo")
private Echo echo;

can find the ejb and run successfully.

But why using
Context ctx = new InitialContext();
Echo echo = (Echo)ctx.lookup("java:comp/env/my/test/Echo");

there is:
javax.naming.NotContextException: my/test/Echo

Who can help me?

This is just a guess :-)
You need to tell geronimo something to indicate that you want the ejb available in the java:comp/env jndi namespace.  This can be either the annotation you show first or an ejb-ref element in the xml deployment descriptor for your app.  If you have removed the annotation and forgotten to add the ejb-ref element you will not be able to look up the ejb in java:comp/env.

maybe its a lucky guess :-)
david jencks

Geronimo version 2.2
--