geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: war framework / external jar setup
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 16:09:58 GMT
While the suggestion of deploying your entire app "in-place" will
almost certainly work, it has a number of limitations -- in-place is
really only designed for development and does not work well with the
geronimo plugin packaging and distribution system.

What may work better for you is to deploy your jar directly into the
geronimo repository and include a dependency on it in the geronimo
plan for your web app.  If you update the jar (copying the new version
on top of the old one in the geronimo repository) then if you restart
the web app you will see the new classes.

This method works well with maven and geronimo plugins.  For instance,
if your jar and web app are built with maven, and you pre-package your
app as a geronimo plugin, installing the plugin into a geronimo
instance will also pull in the external jar.

hope this helps
david jencks