geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deploying a connector module (geronimo-ra.xml problem)
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 14:21:57 GMT

On Aug 21, 2009, at 5:01 AM, sim085 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to deploy the sample JEE connector mailconnector.rar.
> However I
> am getting an error message telling me that "A connector module must
> be
> deployed using a Geronimo deployment plan".
>
> I went to Geronimo documentation (for version 2.1) and there I found
> that
> the "The geronimo-ra.xml deployment plan is an optional file". If
> so, why am
> I getting the above error for not having the geronimo-ra.xml file
> when such
> a file is optional?

Can you point to the documentation you looked at?  We should fix it.

You do need a geronimo plan to deploy a connector module, the plan is
not optional.  However, the plan can either be inside the rar as META-
INF/geronimo-ra.xml or as an external plan.  I prefer the external
plan as then you don't have to modify your connector to deploy it.

> I also tried to install the same connector on GlassFish and the
> connector
> was deployed successfully. The reason why I am mentioning this is
> NOT to
> compare the two, but rather as assurance that the connector is
> packaged
> correctly.

Please let us know if you have any further problems.

thanks
david jencks