geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JarURLConnection doesn't work "useCaches" property
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 16:31:20 GMT
Hi Masayoshi,

I think this is a bug, although we could try to say the javadoc lets
us fail to get a fresh copy of the object.  Could you please open a
jira entry for this problem?

The difficulty in fixing this is that we have several subclasses of
JarFile, NestedJarFile and UnpackedJarFile,   I haven't reviewed the
behavior of clone() recently but wonder if we can make it work here.
If you would like to experiment and provide a patch that would be great.

While it is not a desirable solution you might be able to modify your
program to open new URL connections for each use of the jar file.

thanks
david jencks