geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deploy EJBCA to Geronimo
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2009 04:28:43 GMT

On Aug 6, 2009, at 9:10 PM, stupidtss wrote:

> Hi.  I am new to Geronimo and actually any of the java middleware.
> I find
> Geronimo started very quickly in my old PC (with 256MB RAM only) and
> I want
> to deploy a J2EE PKI Certification system called EJBCA to Geronimo.
> Can
> anyone give me some advice or how to begin with?  The website of
> EJBCA is
> provided below.
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/ejbca/

It is not very obvious to me what ejbca does and there doesn't appear
to be any obvious documentation.  Geronimo ships with some CA tools,
you might want to look at them and see if they are adequate.

If not, unless you find someone who has already deployed ejbca to
geronimo, you will probably have to do some experimentation.  I would
imagine it is a javaee application, so the first thing to do is to try
to deploy it on geronimo.  You will probably need a geronimo plan.
The geronimo admin console has some tools to help write plans, and the
geronimo eclipse plugin also has some tools.  If you investigate
enough to figure out what the application modules are and what kinds
of problems you have when deploying you would be in a much better
position to ask for help.

thanks
david jencks