geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Laponder" <marco.lapon...@kewill.com>
Subject RE: war framework / external jar setup
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2009 06:18:50 GMT
David,

I will look into this option. We are maven to install our war (or in
fact ear but I guess that doesn't make a difference). I am not familiar
with 'pre-package as geronimo plugin', but I will look into this, but if
you could point me to any documentation this will be very much
appreciated.

Just to be sure with 'deploy your jar directly into the maven
repository' you mean an install-library with the deploy command ?

Marco

________________________________

Van: David Jencks [mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com]
Verzonden: donderdag 6 augustus 2009 18:10
Aan: user@geronimo.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: war framework / external jar setup

While the suggestion of deploying your entire app "in-place" will almost
certainly work, it has a number of limitations -- in-place is really
only designed for development and does not work well with the geronimo
plugin packaging and distribution system.

What may work better for you is to deploy your jar directly into the
geronimo repository and include a dependency on it in the geronimo plan
for your web app.  If you update the jar (copying the new version on top
of the old one in the geronimo repository) then if you restart the web
app you will see the new classes.

This method works well with maven and geronimo plugins.  For instance,
if your jar and web app are built with maven, and you pre-package your
app as a geronimo plugin, installing the plugin into a geronimo instance
will also pull in the external jar.

hope this helps

david jencks