geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Laponder" <marco.lapon...@kewill.com>
Subject RE: war framework / external jar setup
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:28:37 GMT
Jeff,

Are there any restrictions on the jar ? The jar only contains a POJO but
it seems it expects a J2EE deployment descriptor. It gives me the error:

    Error: Unable to distribute inplace: Cannot deploy the requested

    application module because no deployer is able to handle it.  This

    can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment descriptor,

    disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are trying to

    deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that does not have

EJB support installed.  (moduleFile=c:\inplace)

Kind regards,

Marco

________________________________

Van: chi runhua [mailto:chirunhua@gmail.com]
Verzonden: donderdag 6 augustus 2009 15:17
Aan: user@geronimo.apache.org
Onderwerp: Re: war framework / external jar setup

Unpack your jar to c:\myjar, then use

deploy -u system -p manager deploy --inPlace c:\myjar

this should work, just tried on my side.

Jeff C

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Marco Laponder
<marco.laponder@kewill.com> wrote:

I can't seem to get the -inPlace option to work, I am trying:

deploy -u system -p manager install-library --groupId com.test --inPlace
c:\inplace

This gives me the error:

Too many arguments.

Help for command: install-library

   install-library [--groupId grp] LibraryFile

       Installs a library file into repository.

       If a groupId is provided, the library file will be installed

       under that groupId. Otherwise, default will be used. The

       artifactId, version and type are computed from the library file

       name which should be in the form <artifactId>-<version>.<type>,

       for e.g. mylib-1.0.jar.

Do I need a specific version of Geronimo or am I doing something else
incorrect ?

Kind regards,

Marco