geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Laponder" <marco.lapon...@kewill.com>
Subject war framework / external jar setup
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 11:34:16 GMT
Hi erveryone,

I need some advice on the following situation. We have a war with a
framework which based on configuration in the database and use of
reflection dynamically can call a method of a java class. When this
class is present in a jar (lets call it impl.jar) which is located in
WEB-INF/lib it works as expected.

However what I want to accomplish is:

1)       have the impl.jar not included in the WEB-INF but at an
alternate external location, so for a new impl.jar we need not redeploy
the war

2)       once the jar has been altered I probably need to force a reload
of the classes already loaded by the Geronimo classloader. Is this
possible and how can this be accomplished

When I am completely off the track or have any other advice which could
help me just point me in the right direction, any documentation or
google terms will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Marco Laponder