geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Joe Dente" <jde...@21technologies.com>
Subject Securing An Embedded ActiveMQ Resource Adapter
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 21:45:22 GMT
Hi,

How do you configure the security of JMS queues and topics running in
Geronimo?

I have a couple queues and one topic that are already functioning and
deployed using the deployment descriptor of a resource adapter that
describes the queues, topics and my connection factory. I need to modify
my resource adapter so that these queues and topics require valid
credentials to access (eventually I also need to use SSL when
communicating with these queues and topics).  ActiveMQ's site has a lot
of information on securing ActiveMQ as a standalone broker. However, I
cannot find any information on configuring its security when it is
embedded within Geronimo. The only security configurations I can find in
the documentation are the "<config-property-setting name="UserName">"
and "<config-property-setting name="Password">" that can be optionally
specified on your resourceadapter-instance element. These settings do
not seem to have any effect on my connections. The other
security-related setting is the "<credential-interface>" element, which
is commented out in every example I've seen and was also mentioned to be
deprecated in a forum I read.

Does anybody have any experience with Geronimo's JMS security?

Thanks,

Joe