geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/org/apache/xerces/internals/xs/AttributePSVI
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:04:17 GMT

On Aug 20, 2009, at 6:04 AM, Florian Schaetz wrote:

> Hi,
> we just encountered a really strange error...
> "The bean encountered a non-application exception.; nested exception
> is:
> NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/org/apache/xerces/internals/xs/
> AttributePSVI"
> But the AttributePSVI.class file is inside the JRE 1.6.06 on which
> the server is running, so how is it possible, that the class cannot
> be found?
> Anyone got an idea?

NoClassDefFoundError does not mean that the "AttributePSVI" class was
*not found*. It was *found*. However, some class that AttributePSVI is
dependent upon (e.g. something used in a static initializer) was not

Don't recall seeing this problem before... A more complete description
of your problem, would be helpful: geronimo version, full stacktrace,
does your application include xerces?

View raw message