Would love to see a User talk. Please post proposals on our dev list, so that we can keep all submissions together.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Kevan Miller <>
Date: July 16, 2009 11:04:18 PM EDT
To: Geronimo Dev <>
Subject: ApacheCon '09 Geronimo Track Call for Papers

This years ApacheCon US Conference (Oakland, CA, USA - Nov 2 to 6 2009) will include a 1/2 day Geronimo Track. This is a call for session proposals. Please have submissions in by Monday 12 Noon EDT. We need to finalize the session contents early next week.

Apache Geronimo is a lightweight, flexible, component-based server for building dynamic application server environments. Geronimo plugins can be assembled into a fully compliant Java EE Server. However, it can be easily assembled into a server providing a subset of functionality or a minimal subset required to meet the requirements of a set of applications. In addition to the Apache Geronimo Server, the Geronimo project is also comprised of a number of subprojects: Development Tools, XBean, Yoko, GShell, JavaMail, Connector/Transaction, etc.

Potential topics for the Geronimo Track include, but are in no way limited to:
* Geronimo architecture,
* Systems management,
* Custom server assemblies,
* Application development and user experiences,
* OSGi Blueprint,
* Kernel restructuring,
* Java EE 6,
* etc.

Please submit Talk proposals on this mail thread. Each suggestion should include:

 * Title
 * Speaker name(s)
 * Abstract (Short overview of the talk contents)

Thanks! Look forward to seeing you at ApacheCon!